Please Support our Sponsors!
It takes approximately $100,000 per year to run the Halls band program. And while Knox County Schools pays the salaries for the Band Director and the Associate Band Director, the school system budget only provides $700 per year for band expenses. Every dollar is very much appreciated, but unfortunately that is not even enough to provide transportation to one away football game. All other money comes in the form of fees, fundraisers, and sponsors like you. Also, no student at Halls High has ever been turned away because of their inability to pay.
Our major fundraisers included:
• Annual Spaghetti Dinner and Basket Silent Auction
• Crossroads Open Rod Run Car Show
• Food City Frenzy Car Wash
• Cookie Dough and Fund Shoppe sales
• Zips Car Wash
• Aubrey’s Pancake Breakfast
• Concession Stand at football games and other events
All combined, these fundraising initiatives account for much of our needed budget, but WITHOUT our corporate and personal sponsors, we would NEVER be able to achieve our total fundraising goals. By choosing to donate to the HHS band program, you will directly help HHS band students be successful by:
• Assisting students unable to pay band fees
• Bringing in additional instructors and guest conductors
• Buying music
• Repairing and replacing instruments
• Traveling to competitions and performances
• Feeding the students during camps and competitions
We can offer you and your business several benefits by becoming our sponsor, such as advertising opportunities and possible tax benefits. With your support, we can offer so much more to our HHS band students in achieving their goal of sharing their talents within the school, the community, our state and beyond.